Friday 13 November 2009

SO GAMBLING IS A LOSERS GAME IS IT?

There are no winners in this game and the fans are the real losers! Well try telling that to the 94 Year-old Ipswich Town fanatic who won £201,420 after City and Celtic both drew last weekend.

Whilst City and Celtic fans were left fuming after their sides failure to see out respective wins against Burnley and Falkirk, one Ipswich fan was laughing all the way to the bank.



Mr Clark from Hertfordshire won a staggering £201,420 after picking 8 score draws on The New Football Pools. He won the big cash prize by predicting Man City’s draw with Burnley, Wigan’s draw with Fulham, Nottingham Forest’s draw with Bristol City, Reading’s draw with Ipswich, Falkirk’s draw with Celtic, Hamilton’s draw with Motherwell plus Tenerife’s draw with Malaga and Inter Milan’s draw with Roma.



The lucky 94-year-old winner had this to say about his win,

“£201,420 oh my goodness……I can’t believe it! I am speechless……I can’t take it all in! I have been playing the Football Pools for many years now, as long as I can remember. Having had a few little wins, I think the last one being around £200, I always knew perseverance would pay off in the end……. and it has for me, big time!"

Don't know about any of you, but this damn near made my week - well done son!

No comments:

Post a Comment